As we get closer and closer to school starting up again (only 3 more weeks for me!) I realized that I needed to start thinking about how I wanted to decorate and organize my classroom for next year. I really want to gather a lot of ideas and share them as well.
1. I drew 2 big apple leaves on half a sheet of green poster board. My wonderful helper then added glue and then the green glitter to make the leaves sparkle. We did all our work on top of a torn trash bag for easy clean up.
2. I then cut out the stem for the apple with brown poster board. You could just use a brown piece of construction paper. Use what you already have to save $$.
3. To make the red apple, I used red tissue paper. I bought my red tissue paper after Christmas on sale. I like to buy the red and green tissue paper mixed, that way I can save the green for other projects. You will need about 50 sheets of tissue paper give or take. Cut the tissue paper in half.
4. After all tissue paper is cut, you are now ready to start on your board. I like to use black bulletin board paper for this board, but you can use any color you prefer of have on hand. I use the school's paper that is provided for us, but you can also buy bulletin board paper at your local school supply store. I like to get the fadeless paper for my board outside my door so it will hold it's color for as long as I need it to.
5. Now, pick up one piece of red tissue paper and fold it together like a book. I then take and scrunch the bottom together to get it ready to staple to the board.